06/11/2013 - 5:30pm
06/17/2013 - 11:30am
06/27/2013 - 7:00pm
07/11/2013 - 7:00pm
07/18/2013 - 7:00pm
07/25/2013 - 7:00pm
08/01/2013 - 7:00pm
08/08/2013 - 7:00pm
09/07/2013 - 11:00am
2012 Town Day Registration Info
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TOWN DAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2012
The Stoneham Chamber of Commerce and its Town Day Committee look forward to your participation in the 29th ANNUAL STONEHAM TOWN DAY, SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2012 from 11AM to 4 PM. We have added a RAIN DATE on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16. Therefore, there will be no refunds if the event is postponed due to severe inclement weather (Severe inclement weather is high winds, heavy rain or any condition which the local safety authorities deem as unsafe). Please make a note of both dates on your calendar.
Reservations are accepted on a first come first paid basis, with Town Day’s overall best interest the focus. As always, we cannot accept specific space requests. You will receive an email about ONE WEEK prior to TD with your space location and all other pertinent information, including ENTRY, SET UP and EXIT INSTRUCTIONS. It is critical that you provide us with an email address when you register as we WILL NOT be mailing location information via the postal service.
Town Day was established to CELEBRATE and SHOWCASE the TOWN and its BUSINESS, RECREATION, ARTISTIC, CULTURAL and NON-PROFIT communities. Your attention and adherence to the following guidelines are essential to Town Day’s success. Please direct all inquiries to the Chamber office.
• Reservations deadline is August 1, 2012. Requests received after that date will be honored only when all timely requests have been fulfilled. Last year, spaces were sold out early! There will be a $50 late fee assessed to all applications received after August 1, 2012.
• Your ACTIVITY/FOOD PLAN is REQUIRED on the application at the time you submit it. If your application does not contain this information it will not be honored.
• If you are planning to sell/serve food, you MUST contact the Stoneham Board of Health @ (781) 279-2621 immediately and complete paperwork for a one-day license. There is no license fee for non-profits, BUT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE PAPERWORK and HAVE THE LICENSE in hand at Town Day! The BOH will ensure compliance and has the authority to shut down any operation that has not been sanctioned by their office.
• Each Space is 10’ x 10’. Your set up MUST fit this space.
• Use of a tent/canopy must be noted on the application where requested. It must be self-standing –stakes or poles may NOT be driven into the ground. If your tent/canopy does not meet these requirements, you will not be allowed to use it.
• Fee is for SPACE ONLY. We DO NOT provide tents, tables, chairs or set ups (unless you request a rental).
• Limit of two (2) spaces per participant.
• Table and chair rentals for your exhibit are available through the Chamber! To save you money and time during set-up, the Chamber has contracted with an equipment rental firm to provide discounted rental fees for tables and chairs. For those wanting to rent tables and chairs, please note the new section on the application. Equipment will be delivered to the Town Day area before 10 AM and must be moved to your space by your volunteers. Tables/Chairs must be returned to a designated area at the end of the day for pick up by the rental agent at 4:30 PM. The advantage of this rental opportunity is that you do not have to pay a minimum equipment fee (which is ~ $75) and a separate delivery fee (~ $90).
• For greatest success, keep your activity/product affordable for everyone.
• This is a PROMOTIONAL opportunity. Suggestions include DRAWINGS, GIVEAWAYS, RAFFLES, and COUPONS - anything that will keep people interested in your organization/business all year long!
• NO HAIRCUTTING, AEROSOL PRODUCTS, SILLY STRING, BOMB BAGS OR POP CAPS ARE ALLOWED!
• If your activity is “active” and/or cannot be contained to the space size, prior approval must be obtained from the committee each year.
• YOU MUST POST ALL PRICES. This is an absolute requirement.
• Use of a GENERATOR must be PRE-APPROVED!
Jennifer Welter, Executive Director
Stoneham Chamber of Commerce